n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Sunday, April 10, 2005

despite it all

something really must be said, even if there is some sort of inflamation creeping up through the crevices between each vertibrae on my elongated chronically weak and under-excercised upper torso.

outside, Nam sits with Phoenix sweat working its way down her sleeves. Or maybe that is me. I am enjoying myself, even if, on the first vacation I've had for six months, my back gave out and has caused me repeat attacks of panic whenever I think about the fact that, not only do I have to take the 3-hour flight from AZ to WA, but in a week and a half, I will be making a 24-hour journey from Seattle to Guayaquil, Ecuador, and really don't need to worry about how I'm going to bend down and take off my shoes at all the feel-you-up custom stops along the way.

But blogs are not for the whine, or at least I'd like to believe this. Instead, I'd like to note that I'm pointedly, violently, pro-actively (etc.) leaving one year's worth of grieving behind me in order to bely the cliche that a depressive needs to cling to their sadness so as to feel that life is Real. I'm going to turn humid and gatheresque like a tree-topped orchid....
Comments:Post a Comment

Home