n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Thursday, August 18, 2005

dear dear

Students who cluster together under the awning of an evening cafeteria post-class huddle, who speak Spanish and then translate for me (I frequently understand, and when I don´t, it doesn´t matter. I love listening, love listening, love hearing your other voices, so different and full of dickens, pillinos chinverguesonos). Saucy spicybrain students who take me out dancing, liquor me up and dance on the tables with me. Eraser thieves who teach the teacher their dance and the naughty over-shoulder moves men use when the girl they are dancing with isn´t getting close enough. Students who will publish, students with important ideas for the world. Students who become People. People who sing karaoke with me, particularly loud at lyrics about saying hell to love gone, and to lyrics about not studying or working anymore. (Congrats to the freshy-faced graduates). To my Peoples who ask me if I will remember this moment, these open mouths, this beautiful Ecuador I could fall in love with...

You are amazing. Never. Never will forget. My thanks.

A Blessing: may the Words never empty...
Comments:Post a Comment

Home