n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Friday, September 30, 2005

knowing there's a force....

Can be created by placing two specific scenes within a short duration, as such:

Background Setup: An all-around bad day. I mean, I have a solid interview with a splendidly nice girl, but I also get my ass whomped on the first mini-critique in travel writing. That is, I'm read by a fellow with an opposite writing style from me [heading-to-Hemingway sparsity], so we just kinda look blankly at each other... which I maintain, but he doesn't: he tells me he received "no sense of place" from my piece, which is a little disillusioning in a class about place.

Event 1 - That Night: I get home after this, feeling a tad dejected and blue, and there on the table sits a letter from the Art Institute notifying me that they have cut my grant by $1,150 because I'm only taking four classes and not five... even though both are considered full time.

Intermediate Action//The Next Day... Not Exactly Tension Building, but in a way, Suffused with the Question of How I'm Going to Save My Ass From Financial Plight & Flight: I get offered a job, take it. Go grocery shopping, eat it. Computer calls, write it.

Event 2 - That Night Same Time as Previous Night: My mum calls and says she's accidentally opened my mail and I've recieved a fishing-retro from 1 year ago... to the tune of $1,117.

Question Generated: Am I alone in thinking that a $33 dollar discrepancy points to divine intervention? Or is this 'just' really really speedy Karma?
Comments:
my sister told me she thought it was karma before I even asked the question...! Guess it sometimes it all comes together. Whenr u calling me, lollilita?
 
Post a Comment

Home