n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Friday, June 01, 2007

new muse


Yesturday, I reasoned it out to my benefit.

And bought myself an external hard-drive and a new camera. The new camera is far more fancy-fangled than my last one, although about the same as the one I borrowed last summer during fishing (by borrowed, I mean stole from a person I was working with who never used the damn thing). My reasoning behind this outlandish purchasing is that art begets art and if there's enough reason to be photo'ing, then there's more reason to be writing. Since I'm both excited and nervous about getting back into the groove with my now-1.5-months here in Chicago--during which I really need to finish the writing for my thesis project, which means a lot of new writing and a lot of revising--I figured I'd add a new muse, Melete, to my other digital muses (Calliope the iPod and Polyhymnia the computer).

So, you'll be seeing a lot of photos hopefully now that I have this influence, and imagine me in the background trolling my imagination for the forward writing-mo that I see my Muses and my happiness (because I am happy, I should mention) creating. I thought i'd start with more photos of the porch haven flowers:

flowers
flowers
flowers
flowers
flowers
flowers
Comments:
Beautiful pics, woman!
Congrats on the new camera, I got one too for my birthday last week.
Viva la photograph!
-La
 
Post a Comment

Home