n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Wednesday, January 02, 2008


Symmetries

Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
Brief and Boring Note


Happy New Years, my friends!

Not only do I not have a great wifi connection available around here for bloggering, but I've also felt like being quiet and thinking, as I mentioned before. I know how I have, in the past, tended to react to after graduating, so I'm working to come up with lovely delicious thoughts about where my life might be going now. Which is, in fact, my New Years Resolution: to keep my mind open, bright, finding a path to make and see better, more full of dreamlust than even when I was in school. Which as resolutions go, includes quite a bit else that is tentative - such as exercise and reading and traveling and thinking of adventurous job options plus trying new ventures & collaborations and so forth - ideas I won't pin down exactly and precisely with precision because I want them to float. Float, I tell you!

Anyhow. I'm sure I have stuff to say, but I have my best friend waiting inside the main house for me and we're going to gather sleds and warm woolies and then head up to the mountains to meet my sister, brolaw, and their friends at a cabin with a hottub where we're going to hole up and sled, snowboard, ski, write, and whatnot for the next two days. It will be my last treat, I think, before I start looking furiously for jobs and get busy with goalslike, and all that.

Oh, I decided not to go to AWP this year - I had partial funding, but the thought of paying the rest still had me in a panic, and I rather think that the b.s. probably swished around in conferences of that type might irritate me even more for it being the first gathering attended outside of school; I'd rather start with something more avant, and less with people nosing and whining. I also missed MLA in Chicago, which I can't say I'm sad about, as everyhing I've done in the past two weeks has been so incredible and soggy and full of snow, rain, mud, birds, animals, family, friends, and goodstuff, and I hear they read their papers at MLA instead of interacting. Also, I heard word that I might have run into a few folks whom might have been a bit too much to see and see together, me thinks. True true, it might have been a good "professional" move, but I'm not sure what I'm going to be professing yet, so there you go.

Ah Well. It has been peaceful here... and now I get to go to a cabin with Nat. Ballyhoo, and maybe I will find some poetics there to occupy...

Madame 08, Mistress of the Years, Vibrant Number, Naughty Temptress and Fertile Conversing Conversation Between and of Next Anythings

Looking Through to this Heart

Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
Christmas Whites

Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
The Herd
Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
Nee Puha, Nee Para (Neither Fluff Nor Feathers... or, "Good Luck")

Kenyon Photos
Kenyon Photos
Comments:Post a Comment

Home