n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Monday, August 04, 2008

respite

I had one of the best weekends in quite some time. Saturday, with the family, bunking around my sister's moving sale and giving ridiculous advice on prices (plus pizza and donuts). Saturday night, some dancing with a friend. Sunday, a whole day house/pet-sitting all by myself, talking occasionally by phone to my wonderful, brilliant lovely friends, out in the county. I'd forgotten how a full day alone can feel so damn good. Especially with a few cats and a dog curled up next to you.

I snorkeled in the kiddy pool.

Rest of the week: I'm ready. I quit the job with the artist today (well, told her I could work with her for awhile, but not long term), spoke with one college hiring person who got back to me, 'networked', and found a couple nice jobby opportunities to send out to...

Plus I'm eating chicken curry, one of my favorites, with the mum tonight.
Comments:
yes! good to hear! :)
 
Post a Comment

Home