n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Alright, CC, I signed up...

And now it's all on you... Oh yes, every future bad date: your fault. Every future good date: your fault. If I happen to get married (unlikely, considering my opinions re: marriage): you're a bridesmaid. Done and done.

But, you foodies should really take note of the following celebratory meal.


My father recently and sneakily roped me into a dinner a few miles out of town, with folks I wasn't very sure I wanted to have dinner with (last time, the fellow said something to the effect of, only worse: "So, you're the older unwed one. Well, you're not really half as ugly as one might expect." And when I say "only worse," I mean that I barely refrained from punching him. The startle plus his wife's shoulder-punch kinda made it hard. Oh, and my temporary low self-esteem.)

But the more-recent meal turned out to be divine enough that I had that blurry moment indicating blissful sensory-overload: cilantro, spicy sauce, fish sauce, barbequed fish, vegetables, people-who-say-grace. They were very sweet and gave me a dozen duck eggs, plus showed me the vitamin chart that compares chicken vs. duck eggs (outstanding! I want baby ducks!), and a lemon off their indoor lemon tree, and before all that I snooped around their farm, in every corner, and daydreamed about having such a spot, with full sun and plenty of land, a huge greenhouse, and a big brown wiggly brown lab to greet everyone. Sigh and sigh. Anyhow. I took their eggs and made delicious things.
  • Recipe #1 = Salmon, Green Onions. Herb = fresh dill, by the bunch. 
  • Recipe #2 = Cauliflower, fresh from my garden Kale & Chard, Onions, Sweet Peppers. Herb = sweet curry. 
Verdict = 2 vs. 1 = #2. Both were delicious. Duck eggs are marvelous. As of tomorrow, just me hereabouts. As of tomorrow, just me.

All will be good. Catch-ups with goodfriends will happen. Relaxation will happen. Diligent writing will happen. Summer.
Comments:
Hey, just remember it doesn't have to be so crazy stressful crazy town. It can just be laid back fun town. Or something.

Good luck!
 
Post a Comment

Home