n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Friday, April 29, 2005

sweaty, pieling skin, and expats

well, I found out that Little Tom is leaving Ecuador for job reasons that came in conjunction with the theft. He works at the same spot as me, and apparently there have been cranky feeling and little structure. The little structure I had already figured out when nobody told me what texts I´m using for the classes that I´ve never taught on grammar, etc. anyhow, Tom just seems spent.

got told today by an American that ¨I´m sure you´ve experimented, but you´re no lesbian.¨ I try not to have too big an ego, but I think he was hurt that I wasn´t interested afterall. I´m tired of remarks that imply I might migrate to alternate and conformative positions after I´ve ¨grown up.¨ Just what the hell do people think ¨growing up¨ means?

Anyhow, last night I went out for awhile to the bar. I was careful not to get shnockered this time, and I met a German expat who sure as hell talks alot, but likes to go dancing, speaks Spanish, has lived in Ecuador for 9 years, and seems to go in for having a good time. I was happy to meet her, and got her number... she said she´d show me around if I´d like.

No real revelations today. The place was hot, sweaty, but not sickness-inducing. Dragonflies are still everywhere, everywhere. I spent the day on the terrace planning classes, and now I need to wind down and feel moderately mellow for the weekend. I think I´ll go downtown tomorrow, so I´m sure I´ll have plenty to say later.

Oh, and I found a good poem yesturday... I´ll put it up when I remember.
Comments:Post a Comment

Home