n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Monday, June 13, 2005

next stop (next stop?) someday


Basically, I will have from August 20th to August 30th to fly home to WA, visit family (and friends?), get me to a nunnery, reach Chicago, get "settled" into an apartment, and get "settled" into a non-existing job (haha). All this before the August 31st orientation to Chicago and the next three years of my life: The Chicago Art Institute.

Q: Am I beyond insane? Didn't I already do that grad thing, with somewhat sketchy results? (IV2: "sketchy:" is that what you call it these days?)
A: Yes.
A: Trees.
A: Jumblely, jumbley.
A: Isn't anything better than treading?
A: Don't you want to smell the charcoal?
A: Maybe. (maybe is maybe is maybe is...)
A: A little nonsense now and then
A: Carpe diem or Carpe die or Carpe Dios or Carpe diurnal or Carpe noche or
A: It's not what I expected, or dreamed, or wanted, or hoped, but...
A: Shaddup, you damn whiner, and just take the card: queenie of Hearts
A: Maybe. (is may be is may be is my may...)
Comments:
to later realization...!
 
i've never been to chicago before. i have no people there. i know nothing but something about the architexture and a freeway from hell and VI Warchowski and Sleepless in Chicago, oh wait i have that wrong, and Chicago Hope (which i never watched), and some ghetto stereotypes... rain on concrete, jazz, etc. I'm hoping. You must visit. Come live with. Something like that. Can't believe I'm gonna do it... I'm taking Oblique Angles, Narrative Design, and Language Ghost, + an independent study with Bin Ramke (a poet, seems interesting)... or at least, if all of those are still open on Tuesday when I register. They sound like good names, no?
 
Post a Comment

Home