n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

about to explode

i feel like a yoyo...yoyo

weekendLovely...weekEvil

There is no stability. Right now i'm in an absolute fury because the Ecuadorian government changed its policy and notified us after the fact, moving a 50cent fine into a $200 fine for which I (surprise!) qualify, and my school is like, "oh bummer," you got your visa, registered your visa, did everything we told you to, but we didn't get that one last bit done in time... sorry about the couple hundred."

I feel like crying. I'm thinking about leaving.

In addition to this, they changed their copy-policies at the copy center. There are now 5 superior-administrators who have the Authority to sign-off on copies for the whole school. Add this to the fact that all the projectors are checked out during my class times, and basically what I have left are the options to send stuff to my students via email, or write everything up on the blackboard. Try negotiating 60 students and email. Try writing 500 words up on the blackboard. My students pay the same amount for this college as students in America do at a private school... hmmm... I wonder where all the money is? I wonder why they are telling me to suck up $200 while basically making it impossible to make $5 worth of copies.

This is not all. It's endless. Sludge sludge sludge. I feel like shredding. Walking away. Demonstrating to them what a "bummer" it is to lose a damn good teacher in the middle of a quarter with no notice.

Is it reasonable to expect to pay for relaxing by getting an ulcer?
Comments:Post a Comment

Home