n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

never paralyzed


In honor of:

the food in my cupboard;
my friends;
my family;
the privilege of attending an Art Institute.

Some items of interest:
BBC article on Somalia
WFP article on East Africa
ICRC article on Horn of Africa

As far as I understand it, drought threatens the lives of millions in the area that includes Somalia, Kenya, and Ethiopia. The poverty of this area is nothing new, nor is famine and war, but right now things are pretty dire.

In the mean time, our trade deficit is soaring, our blessed Christian buddy Pat Robertson fucks up again, things get worse in Iraq, and global warming continues in too many ways to innumerate. Potentially cause for paralysis, but fuck that shit.

In honor of my privileges, the personal happiness and freedom I am now feeling, my right to a liberal, nonreligious, artistic lifestyle, and my ability to act... even if in a limited fashion, I have donated a little bit of what I can today (UN Alternative).

I lub you all and hope you join in this act of defiance, or maybe I have simply joined you.
Comments:
Hey Jo-girl:

Couldn't agree more with the state of the world. Thanks for the link where one can donate a little something. I'm there! A bunch of littles make a lot!
 
tiwanda!

there's lots to do, lots to do, lots...
 
Post a Comment

Home