n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Saturday, December 09, 2006

g2 opening, reading, and swooning


Yesterday was the grand opening of the exhibit at G2, and it went really well... not the thousands of folks as was predicted by our teacher, but lots of good-hearted friends and teachers and people wandering around. I was happy with how it went off, and pretty content with my piece, which was a great experiment - the teacher, eroth, suggested that it was a piece wanting to head towards a book layout, and I think she's right and so now I need to figure out how that would look and think about how I would write the text for it.

I did come down with a serious fever last night that put a damper on things and sent me home early to roll around in bed feeling sorry for myself. I imagined more drinking and celebrating, but I also have been running myself up on empty and now I need to pack all my stuff and get busy on the next week, but I might take a bit of a breather.

The reading tonight was incredible, really - to see how people respond to each other's texts in multiple ways... the creativity with which they approach each others' thoughts and place it into their own projects. The girl who responded to my work was fabulous - her writing is amazing, and made me feel teary; I think because it was her own writing, her thoughts and beautifully written language on language and landscape, and yet also in dialogue with what I had written. Creative response rocks ass, and I think I need to get in on it (in terms of creatively responding to others' texts).

By the way, before things come down in a month, I will go through and do a more thorough review of other people's pieces, etc, and see if I can't get some pictures, and maybe a little respondering of my own.

And on top of it all, well, something else inarticulate spills: 1. it is lovely, 2. it makes me nervous and dopey, 3. you know the hot plate crayon projects we get to do in preschool, melting colors over wax paper and smearing everything together and smelling the crayons and burning the tips of our fingers and we're not sure what we made, but it was smeary, and the smell was everywhere, and the crayons got shorter and stubbier and then were flat on the page? like that.

Now I am off to bed.
Comments:Post a Comment

Home