n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

sentencestart shudder


yesterday in a class discussion, one of my students began a sentence with "The other day in my car I had a used condom..."

and i thought, there is no way in the world this is going to take the class in the direction i was hoping.

but he kept going, "...and I wanted to get rid of it, so I tossed it up through the open sunroof as I was driving along..."

and I thought, oh shit, how am I going to rescue us. a girl sitting next to him, a friend of his i think, put her face in her hands.

then he continued, "...and as it went up, this great white..."

fuck, fuck, fuck, i thought.

"...owl came out of nowhere, grabbed it, and took off. I couldn't believe it, a great white owl took my used condom."

i was thinking.

"So," he concluded, "maybe somewhere out there I have a bunch of great white owl babies. That would be so cool."

i nodded my head.
Comments:
YIKES!
 
yep. but strange how it's the greatest thing that's been said yet in my class (??)
 
Post a Comment

Home