n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

how it goes


listening to this, liking it, yup:
It aint no use to sit and wonder why, babe
It dont matter, anyhow
An it aint no use to sit and wonder why, babe
If you dont know by now
When your rooster crows at the break of dawn
Look out your window and Ill be gone
Youre the reason Im travlin on
Dont think twice, its all right

It aint no use in turnin on your light, babe
That light I never knowed
An it aint no use in turnin on your light, babe
Im on the dark side of the road
Still I wish there was somethin you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
We never did too much talkin anyway
So dont think twice, its all right

It aint no use in callin out my name, gal
Like you never did before
It aint no use in callin out my name, gal
I cant hear you any more
Im a-thinkin and a-wondrin all the way down the road
I once loved a woman, a child Im told
I give her my heart but she wanted my soul
But dont think twice, its all right

Im walkin down that long, lonesome road, babe
Where Im bound, I cant tell
But goodbyes too good a word, gal
So Ill just say fare thee well
I aint sayin you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I dont mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But dont think twice, its all right

-bob dylan

been thinkin about alaska and how to answer that Question (which even I ask): "How Was It?" um. thus looked back to last year for the response and felt it was appropriate, so here you go.

of course, there's new things to add on, new musings, and a sticky "n" key to negotiate which means finding words that lack n, as much as possible.

i met people this summer, i felt lands green brown old with young nostalgia start over start end over start finish and dive down to cut the rope tangled in someone else's propeller, start, curious, again. for the first time, i felt included in the fishing community and i don't know what i did to make this change, especially since i went up with the idea that this was the last time, and i came back with the idea that i could never leave it. what exactly happened in the inbetween?

to temporarily avoid the question, here are some pictures. i like them.

every summer i invite the crew to offer up their particular Getting Onboard Technique. it's my favorite day. i'd like to ask everyone in the bay, if only i knew them better. it's always informative. so, here's the crew.

KR:

Gillnetting07
Gillnetting07
GG:

Gillnetting07
Gillnetting07
Me:

Gillnetting07
Gillnetting07
MK:

Gillnetting07
Gillnetting07
just to be clear, i think this the most beautiful thing. a most beautiful thing in a world full of tube feet extending, settling, redeciding, and lifting again. beginning via choice and with only a day at sea at hand, and no judgements taking.

every person pictured above is a failure. we are all failures. i am at times the biggest failure among them, prideful. i am at times the least, being humble. every one of us a failure, an extreme light, a beauty tipped by the light of possible sadness, rejection, love, sound hummed in tune with the sense that we rip breathing palpating and bleeding from the skin of water and thrust with muscle snap towards the aluminum ending i share with a needle point, my grandmothers, my heroes, all.

granted, i have more to say.

and here's my roomie talking about the culinary creations of our Sunday Celebration of fishdom, including the quiche i am very proud of...
Comments:Post a Comment

Home