n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Friday, May 29, 2009

all I can really say

is that the trip to Portland was both a contemplative and difficult visit. I've never really been sure how love manages to create such distance, but never has that fact been more clear.

I met a bunch of folks I genuinely like/adore and enjoy being around, and had an immensely pleasurable time in their presence. I also saw SS, whom I love and care for more than most folks on earth; I am happy to say she looks like an incredibly beautiful person and mother, the same woman but somehow more, and also someone I feel like perhaps I've never been a part of. Hard to explain, harder still on the 'net, but I really just feel as if life and all knowledge falls away like the earth above a quake. And the trees and plants and homes and bodies treading that soil.

Anyhow. It's been a good week. Expansive.

trip to Portland

trip to Portland

trip to Portland

trip to Portland

trip to Portland
Comments:Post a Comment

Home