n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Saturday, September 26, 2009

a bit AWOL these days

but things are just fine. Students seem likely. Birthday was excellent (thank-you ER; I'll get a letter off to you soon, I promise). WriteAThon is running to Day 12 today and is perfect, 'n I'm writing again, thank-god, no judgments, no genius just writing. And the big pumpkin is still turning orange. I picked chanterelles today, heading home now... (4:15am, jeez). But as for the image below, this is one of the collection, and now that I'm adding words: I'm trying to find ones that are familiar but not sentimental--about the various languages that surround both isolation and solitude. Difficult, that. So, you know... any ideas are welcome.

Kenyon Spider Thingy
Comments:
Is that a 3D wall piece, or is it a print?
 
Mmmmm. Print? It's going to be a wall piece, but not 3D, although I did put some very nice shadows in there... :) I'm printing part of it out on canvas this week, for the artwalk, though so we'll see how it looks off the computer.

And eventually I see it as a book collection with text as well, but not yet.

Was thinking about you earlier today...
 
Post a Comment

Home