n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Sunday, November 15, 2009

feeling somewhat better

Well, taking a little time to house-sit in the middle of nowhere with no Internet and a fire stove, a dog and three cats... well, it can be good. I read a book, all the way through, with the wind whistling and trees groaning all day. In the morning a woodpecker came and looked through the window. Seriously, it lifted itself up on its legs and looked through the glass at pretty much everything it could see. It came back twice to make sure. Herald watched the woodpecker curiously, but didn't get up to scare it off. And I realized it's time I stop looking towards my failures to explain existence (particularly when I'm feeling low). It's not enough to notice that life is about change and entropy, without adding an addendum of some kind. And it's not okay to only note how people drift and that relationships that once were thick, or seemed to be meaningful, become thin and so fastly fleeting. I know that's true too, but I thought: if the meaningful mostly becomes superficial, then maybe the opposite is true too. Or maybe some day another, more mature meaning will fit in there - without me looking to find it this time. Anyhow, it felt nice to stop flogging myself and just to read and enjoy the wind.
Comments:Post a Comment

Home