n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

wanna see something disgusting?


Stuck Rat*

Yeah, well, you said yes. Or at least you looked. Peeked, maybe. Through one eyelid, just a little slitted. Or maybe you just couldn't look away fast enough because I put the picture only one line down from the heading? Anyhow.

Remember when you were little and put your head into places it didn't belong?

And if you are wondering if this has anything to do with my D-Con "mouse" problem, you might be wondering correctly. This is the outside of the house I'm living in. Right behind where Herald sleeps. Right behind my bookshelf. Right behind my bedroom. I can't say I'm unhappy the "mouse" didn't make it in.

What happened, if I'm reading the crime scene correctly (I've been watching CSI, so I think this qualifies me as an expert), is that the "mouse" tried crawling into the small space just under the floor, which happens to not be fully sealed off, and got his head caught. And so, he just dangled there until he died.

Poor "mouse."
Comments:
You've burned my eyes out with your disgusting, disgusting 'mouse'.

I hope you're satisfied.
 
mwah ha ha... all goes according to plan.

(very)
 
That's a freakin' awesome photo!
-La
 
thanks, La.

as much as I want to grab credit, I think it's less the photo than the absolute oddity of the situation.

How friggin weird, right?
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
O. M. F. G.

All I can say is, thank God I never saw that in person, because not only would every strand of hair on my head have turned white, but I would have been permanently unable to blink.
 
So, when you coming to visit then, gf?

I want to see those unblinking eyes and the "mouse" is still out there.

*

Hey.... aren't you grad-jee-ated properlike now? Did you pass? How many novels did you finish for that thesis? (I have money staked on 2.5, with a great deal of angst and fury over the remaining .5, which got caught in a Chicago gust and, as your only typewritten copy, was lost forever.)
 
love the pic. it's very dry, and still. a somewhat abstract quality to it, also.
 
gracias, Ms.
 
Post a Comment

Home