n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

'Yo

On a personal aside: when you have become startlingly embarrassed by each and every picture of you that's taken because you look like a big fat porker, it's time for a diet, even if you fundamentally abhor diets.

How depressing is that.

Quick Visit to Seattle
But the week has not, fortunately, been depressing other than that. I enjoyed the roller betties this weekend; what a bunch of hotties, seriously. Afterwards I went out and flirted shamelessly with everyone, but with enough rum in the body that I didn't feel embarrassed at the time... danced, you know, got the number of a dominatrix, um, danced some more, etc.

Herald beach shakeThen yesterday a best friend came up (I love that term "best friend." It's such a little kids' term) and we enjoyed time at the beach, with Herald swimming with me for the first time, 'cause this is the first time it's been warm enough to swim, for me, when he's been old enough to swim, for him. He warmed my heart by following me around and trying to save me.

I let him pull me to shore about fifteen times, even though I was trying to snorkel and enjoy the water. He was seriously confused as to what I was doing out there, and did scratch me a couple of times, trying to beat me out of the water apparently. But in the end, we arranged it so I would hold onto him and float lightly while he saved me, again and again. He's super tired tonight, so that's a bonus, I figure.

Plus it was great having time with Nat, even if she did get stung by a bee on the ass just before we left the beach for my teaching gig thing. Here are some signs from Seattle, where I sadly dropped NM off this evening. Bummer that she's moving to Florida, but I'm trying to remind myself that a) it will be a good place to visit, and b) it will be a good place for her.

Quick Visit to Seattle
Quick Visit to Seattle
Speaking of writing, I've been neglecting mine... so distracted by life, I guess, but hopefully tomorrow I will remedy that. Regarding such, all the electrical is done finally, plus I have a new computer set up with excellent software I need to make bookies, etc, and next I'm roping Chuck into helping me build a work bench. Then the swashbuckling will be ready to go.

Opening on July 3rd: cheese and wine. And for miscreants who would be better off not running into my family, I'm gonna try being there on first Fridays in general.

So much happening, I don't know how to react actually.
Comments:
You are not a big fat porker... goodness.

I live and die by Weight Watchers... but it's an expense. But it works if you follow the plan. Not actually a "diet".

I won't make it to your opening as I have one the night before and plan to be sleeping and/or at summer camp counseling the next day...
 
Maybe not a technical "big fattie porker," but larger than I've ever been, including the part where none of my clothes fit.

Mostly it's just about lifestyle habits... so long with a hurting back that I stopped doing the stuff that keeps me more or less in shape. Now my back hurts less (thanks Yoga) but my body is veeeeeery grudging about moving quickly. I need some form of mellow group sports or something. Sigh.

Anyhow, I'm bummed you can't make the opening... but it's going to be tiny anyway. Just a little 'hello world' is all.

Summer camp counseling, awaaaay! (I've been working on a logo all afternoon, which involves re-teaching myself Illustrator after not having touched the program for over a year, and now need to go home, eat, and grade papers. My mind is a little kooky, sorry).
 
kooky = okay

I'll be sure to come up some other First Friday during the summer.
 
Post a Comment

Home