n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 4

A curious thing was happening there... I got behind, and then told myself that I would make up for it the next day, but then the next day I didn't feel like writing two pages, perhaps barely one, so I would allow myself to be distracted again, then went on a vacation and got really distracted, and then realized suddenly that I was very far behind, and started to feel a little ill at the profound level of catching up I had to do, and so began procrastinating on catching up, which lead to the soul-sucking concurrence of getting further behind, feeling guilty, and not doing any writing. Until today when I realized that as I am the administrator and sole participant of the WriteAThon2, perhaps I might instead just write Day 4's contents as if I meant to take a brief break in order to get my head adjusted directly into writing position.

So I am hereby waving my hands in front of your face mesmerizingly and saying no time has elapsed, no time has elapsed, no time...

On a related note, my dog has begun to howl outside. What an incredible singing voice he has, and he's been strutting it more and more frequently lately. He really does cherish his voice, I must say. Here's a sentence from Day 4:
But I was nevertheless patiently curious and waiting to see what would happen within Joseph as he stood there in his gray coat and pants, holding a gray hardbound book and looking at an old pale woman decorated primly in yellow and clutching one hand in the other as she became again the object of a man’s attention, gazed upon as she lay on her bed in a crippled parody of seduction.
Oh, and here's a link to my friend JS's new blog. She rocks. So does her new husband. You should keep your eye on her blog for awesome rockingness.

Labels:

Comments:Post a Comment

Home