n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Thursday, September 02, 2010

ethics, shmethics


Kenyon artworkI started wondering again if it's unethical for me to post about N (or others, in general).

At first I just posted about what was happening, then I worried about it... as N's situation started to become more of a nightmare. So I took some posts down. Then I started feeling irritated that I'd censored myself, even though it's a public space and not everything in life needs to be public. But I wondered if I deleted posts because of the (wrongful) stigma of psychological disorder that triggered my "oh you can't say that" response. I mean, shouldn't more people instead of less talk about these issues and what it's like to go through for friends and others? How is it any different than, say, cancer or broken bones?

But now I'm fretting about gossips getting back to N. She knows of my blog but has never been interested in reading it, so I just felt like whatever. But what if she randomly checks it? I don't think any of our mutual friends/frienemies read this, but what if one did... and told her I've been writing about my experience of her experience? Would I feel bad? Would it fuck up the friendship more than it already is? Would she feel bad? Is it unethical, or just a blog (with very few readers) so get over it?

Anyhow, here's some of my current work. I'm having printing woes though.
Comments:Post a Comment

Home