n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

opening


I think I might have gone a little loopy with all the people there the last Artwalk. Yep, it's official: there were at least 3x the amount of people visiting as the whole previous year combined. It was A] Intimidating, B] Bizarre, C] Inspiring (now I can't just stay with the same stuff!). At one point, I couldn't get through the people on the stairs to get back in after taking a walk-around to look at other folks' art. I think I'm going to have to arrange times with JW2 for one of us to be there while the other can go around town and look at other people's work if they want.

And my sister and Peter came early and were nice. They even shared their lemonade.
And my dad came around and stayed around, even after I burned the CD for him, which seemed to be his prime motivation to come by in the first place.
And after it all, SP and I had a hot link with sauerkraut and sat on the curb.

It's weird to be dating SP. Dating is weird. It is less weird than relationships though. Strange to realize that I haven't had a relationship since Rosario, though I've dated a number of people in between. That was the last time I used the word "girlfriend" though. Basically, "girlfriend" is a term that lost its meaning after S and R. Shit, love is weird too. I haven't told a person I've dated "I love you" since E. E kind of ruined that phrase for me. Anyhow, SP and I have discussions and differences of opinion on the terms that follow the various forms, variations, and stages of relationships... For me, I guess I'm almost... though not quite... at "We're dating" (moving on from the phrase "We go on dates"). For me, "girlfriend" is a term that comes a long, long time after "We're dating." I don't like the possessive nature of it. My.

Not a big fan of "My"

What's nice though, is trusting someone to do stuff with me sometimes. And what's also nice is the extra time in the morning, not taking off ASAP. And lastly, what's nice is knowing that there's someone in the same town, not related to me, who's willing to go out of her way for me. And the reciprocity of it... a degree of responsibility. Not too much though.

Anyhow. The studio opening was nice and weird. The hot link was nice only. And today I took my first swim in the lake for the summer. Herald and I spent a good hour paddling around and wrestling and swimming to get to the stick first and then fighting over the stick. And that... that was deliciously nice. The best.