n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Sunday, May 15, 2011

new link to happiness




I have the coolest friends ever.

I want to move closer to them. Okay, I mean, I have cool friends here too. But I want to move closer to this one. Heh.

My broccoli and cabbage is planted outside.

I built a new gate.

I killed a mouse in a trap last night, and celebrated this morning. Seems strange. But that little critter kept eating my seeds in the greenhouse.

I wish I could say to the person who said "I tried really hard to be friends with J" : Bwwhaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaa aaahahhaahahhaahahhaaaaaack. Snort. Hic.

But I guess I'll just have to satisfy myself with a sigh, a smile, and a quick, dry roll of the eyes.

I had no grading this weekend.

I went to the derby and picked up a little treat for my god-daughter and am writing a letter to her which I will send off soon.

I like watching women hustle on the rink.

Shared drinks with a friend I've never visited with alone before. Twas a good conversation, and I asked her to help set up the reading NM has been wanting to set up for awhile - a benefit for the local Woman's Crisis Center.

Took that intensive summer class, and now am waiting for the times so I can intensively advertise for it.

I'm glad I have the coolest friends around. Because I know. Because of them.

I will still look for jobs elsewhere. One more summer in Bville sounds about right.

I dug a two-foot hole for one of the three downed saplings I sized to act as beanpoles. It is buried two feet down and has 10-feet above ground. It seems HUGE.

But I got red noodle beans, which can grow up to 22", they say. So, I need someplace for them to grow. I am excited.

I had a nice dinner/desert with SP. We fought afterwards, then made up. I forgot how tough it is to re-create a friendship after dating. Good thing we're both willing to fight the good fight.

It's funny when you realize you've been being a little mean.

Do you really think that everybody wants the same thing, at the root? We keep having this conversation. I say nay, and she says oui.

NM and I have come to an agreement: no more past, except the good stuff.

I feel like what I've wanted has been as different as grey from purple from the wants of those I've been with. She says we all want the same thing, but don't necessarily want it with the person we're with. I say what I've wanted for a long time is to neither be used nor be pushed, but to exist (an offering) and love(back)/be loved(back). She says I'm not open to change/growth. I say I'm not open to being maneuvered into change/growth. Etc.

There is truth in what we both say, but it is not the same truth.

Herald is still fluffy. Tea Party Republicans will be the downfall of the nation. And slugs are everywhere.

Keep on hitching up those shorts, folks!
Comments:Post a Comment

Home