n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Sunday, February 26, 2012

mad as a march hare

I think March is going to be awesome. And April too. I just intuit it!

And today was one of the most beautiful days I've seen in a long time. Snow flurries alternating with blue skies all day, and lovely cumulus pink sunset. I walked the dogs up around Beaver/Squire, and felt shivers of pleasure watching thin, dry little flakes that looked more like springtime tree seed float down through beams to the placid water.

Yesterday I bought a chicken coop and run... a tractor version that looks like a large, Herald-sized doghouse that someone put on top of a wheelbarrow, then added seven feet to the wheelbarrow handles, around which was built a box with chicken wire covering it. The whole thing is very mobile, big enough for six or so chickens, and probably saved me at least $300 in the supplies it would have taken to build the coop I had previously decided to build. Plus it's friggin' adorable. I'll have to take a pic soon and put it up.

Tomorrow after work I head to Seattle and then Natalie and I fly to Chicago. As far as I can remember, it's the first flight & trip I've taken with someone else since I dated RC back in 2002 or so. Crazy. I'm really looking forward to the trip...

...And I got tickets for me and my mother to visit the Grands in Austin in a few weeks (right before I get my chicks!). My Gramps has been a bit sick lately, and my Grans has had some scary moments dealing with it. I look forward to being with them, in the sun, and giving them big hugs. And I also get to visit JS and FS, who also live there!

And then I get my chicks. And start my garden again. All my seeds are practically ripping their way out of the seed packets. And somewhere in there, I feel the writing bug coming back to me. Like a slow thought. Like a meditation. Like a pony kicked in the ribs with some wicked spiky spurs. Well, less like the last although it would be sweet to be so inspired...
Comments:Post a Comment

Home