n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

i heard frogs tonight, really I did...


mushroomYeah, pretty much my life is boring. There should be much to talk about as I am busy from dawn to dusk, but I have to admit I find the business pretty boring.

Even the addition of writing a newsletter for an upstart artist-nonprofit thingy is a bit boring, although I do amuse myself by internally ranting / calming regarding the rather self-focused desires of some talented artists. I find that I care less these days about what people want than what could potentially be made in non-lalaland. I hope I'm not all over that whole daydreaming thing, but I feel so very pragmatic. My goals seem more tangible, but my reasons much less so than ever before. I'm actually hoping this translates into huge amounts of writing (come April) as I stop thinking about how much I miss my friends and support and a clear path forward and the hope of a satisfying relationship, etc, and start prioritizing golden marvelous intense focused productivity.

Technically, I must admit that I don't know what to care about now that I'm out of school. What do people care about? It seems like making family or money or sweet love to a stranger are the common potential answers.

Anyhow, the event of the picture to the above-side really made me happy: it's the mushroom that's growing in my door (the inside part of the door, to be precise). I have no idea why a mushroom decided my doorway is the place to be, but almost overnight this boggy creature seems to have decided to make its peculiar jab at survival in that very location. I now refuse to open the door.

*

And, A, these are your sparkly plates. I'm eating off them until you decide to become American again. So far, no scritchy sounds.

A's plates
A's plates
Comments:Post a Comment

Home