n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Thursday, March 26, 2009

quote from SWA baggage person, via phone, 16 hours post the announcement of a 3-day delay on my 10-day vacation, as per: where my luggage is located


Well, it looks like your guess is as good as mine.

I'm trying really hard not to panic; get angry; feel like God is against me; get depressed; be frustrated; take it out on baggage people who can't locate my baggage after hours spent patient and hopeful in the airport, then with a friend, then heading back to Bville despite the imminence of another airport-shuttle; be disappointed or sad; wonder about my life in general; feel guilty for having to call my friends and explain the snowstorm (which they're experiencing) delay; cry a bit; kick things; admire cute passing girls who embarrassingly witnessed me kicking things; or worry about my back after having to ice-pack and 'stabilize' it for just this one attempt... etc.

I'm really trying hard to remember: soon I will see friends; take pictures, maybe interesting ones; be alive in a new place; and that as of tomorrow, I will also know whether my application for an amazing huge-but-cheap downtown art studio is accepted.

Cycle cycle cycle. I just want things to change up--in my own patterns--is all. Oh, and for the good.
Comments:
I hope you find it!
 
they did find it... it enjoyed a day in Denver without me, but no problem once I arrived. Phew.
 
Post a Comment

Home