n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

use your words

So, here I am being wicked and taking a break from the tons of grading I have to do. I don't feel too sorry for myself though; I've been procrastinating at the very end of the quarter, so it's almost done and then I'll be footloose and fancy-free for a bit. However, even with the imminent haven approaching, my brain feels pretty inchoate and so I shall spare you most of the details of my jet-setting, wild, totally James-Bondish lifestyle.

I will mention though that my car no longer has a bumper, which makes me feel a bit like a badass, and Chuck has successfully "helped me" make my work bench. By "helped me," I mean he did all the work and I bribed him with whiskey, but then helped assemble the final product so that I could feel good about myself. It's pretty gorgeous and all by itself makes me want to make things. Anyhow, I'm all good for the go now, although an easel would be sweeeet, if perhaps excessive. I shall put up pics of the stupidio before too long.

Oh, and my sister and brolaw are coming home next week (from Scotland vet school, which has apparently been kicking her ass!), so I plan on tubing drunk soon.

One other item of interest is that my garden is pretty much set up... with the cold frame now in place for the basil (which are planted) and peppers. I went to excavate some pictures that I thought I had taken fairly recently, but looking at them, I realize just how darn fast everything grows. We harvested some lettuce and salad mixy-greens the other day, and had a delicious salad from my garden. Mwaaah-haha! I was pleased as punch. Right now, my garden has: broccoli, cabbage, corn, carrots, spinach, zucchini, white pumpkins, orange pumpkins, butternut squash, sugar-snap peas, green peas, kentucky pole beans, cucumbers, sunflowers, sweet peas, basil, nasturtiums, lettuce, salad greens, and soon peppers (they're still in the greenhouse). And better yet, everything looks pretty healthy. Here's one old picture, but it's hard to get a comprehensive view:

Garden & Beach
And here are some shots that I took at the beach with Herald today.

Garden & Beach
Garden & Beach
Garden & Beach
Garden & Beach
Garden & Beach
Now I'm off to grade. Poor me.

Labels:

Comments:Post a Comment

Home