n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Sunday, December 13, 2009

charm

Herald likes to lie on my bed before I go to sleep. When I start to get ready for bed, he jumps up there, watches me move around, just his eyes moving; then when I climb into bed, he spends a few seconds cuddling, then slips off to sleep on the couch. He's a great dog.

I keep trying to stop being disappointed. One of these days it will catch.

Here was my fortune cookie for the week:

You will soon get something special because of your charm.

Something about it bothers me, but I will be charming nonetheless, because there's nothing else to be but bitter and that's very uncreative, ungrateful, and unrewarding. I'll be charming because I believe the only returns we get are from ourselves. And sweet cuddly dogs who love us.
Comments:Post a Comment

Home