n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Thursday, November 04, 2010

red leaves, yellow fronds

I saw the most beautiful tree today. I have plans to go back and look at it again before it changes too much. I want to say it was a maple, but it had yellow strands attached to its downward-facing leaves. I was on my way to work, and I nearly stopped to look, despite being late. I'm not sure I'll forgive myself if I don't go back to look closer soon.

Tomorrow, the photography show. The collected images aren't brilliance, but I feel they may be the start to all of us creating new projects... we decided while hanging today that we need an "images from far away" show in the middle of winter. It made me think of my traveling pictures - of Ecuador (lo-fi digital), yes, but more of Russia and Europe, during those days pre-digital with my mother's fancy camera. Images taken by SS of poppies, and others by the both of us during those moments I've half-forgotten. I'll have to dig through boxes. But it makes me excited about photographs again, either way.

Next week, writing resumes. I'm going to put together a December reading and I want to come up with something new. Life chugs along... still quickly.
Comments:Post a Comment

Home