n. infantile pattern of suckle-swallow movement in which the tongue is placed between incisor teeth or between alveolar ridges during initial stage of swallowing (if persistent can lead to various dental abnormalities) v. [content removed due to Bush campaign to clean up the internet] n. act of nyah-nyah v. pursuing with relentless abandon the need to masticate and thrust the world into every bodily incarnation in order to transform it, via the act of salivation, into nutritive agency

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 9

“What is the purpose of love?” I asked her later, and again, never receiving an answer, although I filled my time with loose ends and biting retorts: propagation of the species, a false sense of security, the illusion that there’s someone to lean on when times get hard, or perhaps just something to do to fill the time and keep one’s hands busy and one’s mind distracted. I knew, of course, that the answer was happiness. But knowing didn’t stop me from denigrating this answer in the name of every other hope I had cherished and since lost.
And from one of my true loves and Herald's future kitten's namesake:

Labels:

Comments:Post a Comment

Home